1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 c. chicken broth
1 16oz jar salsa verde
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 c. long grain white rice (I used Basmati)
20 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. salt
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Add the olive oil to your 5 or 6 quart electric pressure cooker and turn on to saute
function. When the pot is heated, add the diced onion. Saute for 3 minutes, or until
2. Add the chicken broth to the onions and using a wooden spoon scrape the
browned bits off of the bottom so they don’t burn during cooking. Turn the pressure
cooker off of saute function.
3. Add the salsa verde, cumin and rice. Give it a quick stir and nestle the chicken
breasts on top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes with
a 10 minute natural pressure release. (When the 10 minutes is completed cooking,
let the pot sit for 10 more minutes until you release the pressure manually.)
5. Remove the chicken from the pot and fluff the rice. Place the chicken back on top
of the rice and top with the shredded cheddar.
6. Place the lid back on the pressure cooker and let sit for 3-4 minutes, or until the
cheese is melted from the heat of the pot.
7. Serve immediately.
8. *Optionally top with sour cream and cilantro.