1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups Grandmas Tomato Sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 T tomato paste
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 T pure maple syrup or raw honey
finely chopped parsley
1. Sprinkle each serving with parsley before serving, if desired.
2. Add onion mixture, Grandmas’s Tomato Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, tomato
paste, pepper sauce, and maple syrup. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low;
gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add turkey to the same skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently to break
up the turkey, for 8-10 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink.
5. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a
medium bowl. set aside.
6. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes, or until onion
7. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat