3 to 15 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup finely diced celery
1 cup finely chopped carrots
1 cup finely diced onions
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup fresh basil minced
4 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup flour
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 cups half and half, warmed
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Put tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and chicken broth into crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours
3. Thirty minutes before serving make roux.
4. Melt butter over low heat in a skillet and add in flour.
5. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes
6. Slowly add in 1 cup of hot soup and stir until smooth
7. Put all back into the crock pot
8. Stir and add Parmesan cheese, warmed half and half, salt and pepper
9. Add in oregano and basil
10. Cover and let cook on low for about 30 minutes until ready to serve.