- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 1T lemon juice
- 1T soy sauce
- 1t olive oil, divided
- 2 c reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2t Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic
- 1T chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Using spoon, scoop out interior of mushroom caps to create “bowls”
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, and half of the olive oil. Brush both sides of the mushroom caps with mixture. Place onto foil lined baking sheet, and bake until soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine mozzarella, tomatoes, italian seasoning, garlic and remaining olive oil.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly amongst the mushroom caps, and bake until cheese is melted, an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro