8 to 10 soft taco shells
3 cups cooked chicken
3 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray Pam in 9×13 glass pan.
2. Mix chicken and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in large bowl.
3. Optional: add green onion, black beans, corn
4. Roll up meat mixture in tortilla and place in pan, seam side down.
5. In a saucepan, melt 3T butter; stir in 3T flour, cook 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and
6. Lower heat, stir in sour sour cream, and green chilies. Continue heating but DO NOT bring to boil or you will curdle you sour cream. Let thicken sauce back up.
7. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
8. Bake 25-30 minutes and then under broil to crisp top cheese for 3 minutes until cheese is brown. Let sit 10 mins to allow sauce around to set.