1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika , smoked or regular
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup yellow onion , chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup milk
12 ounces penne pasta (or farfalle)
6 ounces cream cheese , softened and cut into small pieces
1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes , drained and chopped
4 ounces baby spinach leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepp
1. 1-Turn Instant pot to saute.
2. 2-Season chicken breasts on both sides with paprika, salt and pepper.
3. 3-Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the hot instant pot.
4. 4-Add chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned, but not
cooked through. Remove to a plate.
5. 5-Add butter and onion to the pot and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. 6-Add chicken broth, (scraping the bottom of the pot to deglaze it), seasonings,
milk, pasta, and chicken breasts back to pot.
7. 7-Close IP lid and turn release valve to sealed. Cook on manual (high pressure) for
8. 8-When the timer beeps, turn valve to quick release, to release the pressure.
9. 9-Carefully open lid. Remove chicken to a plate and tent with foil. (Don’t skip this
step. The chicken will continue to cook under the foil).
10. 10-Stir in cream cheese, stirring gently until it’s melted and the sauce is smooth.
11. 11-Stir in parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Season with salt and
pepper, to taste.
12. 12-Chop chicken and return to pot.
13. 12-Sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm, garnished with extra parmesan
cheese, if desired.