2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast (or lean grass fed ground beef)
2 cans (15oz each) kidney beans (or pinto beans)drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 cup Red wine
1 T ground chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 to 2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
8 tsp crumbled goat cheese or feta
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add turkey, beans, tomatoes(with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, and red pepper. Bring to a
boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
5. Evenly divide between six serving bowls; top with cilantro and cheese.